When you invest in a wedding dress, you know it’s one of the most important things you’ll ever wear. It’s not just an item of clothing — it’s what you are wearing to start your new life as half of a married couple.
After buying the dress, you’ll know how to keep it safe until the big day. However, many brides aren’t sure what to do after the wedding. There are some basic steps to take to ensure your wedding dress is properly preserved.
- Hang it up on a soft hanger. When you got your dress, it was probably kept safe on a padded hanger and in a cloth bag. Put it back on that hanger and in that bag. Don’t put it in plastic or on a wire or wood hanger, as these can distort the fabric and make stains worse.
- Don’t try to clean it. Chances are good you’ll have a few stains on your wedding, and many that you won’t be able to see. Brush off any dry dirt, but leave the cleaning to the professionals.
- Find a professional. Before your big day, find a cleaner who specializes in wedding dress preservation. The exact methods may vary, and will often depend on the materials in your dress. Talk to them beforehand to let them know your preferences for presentation and storage.
Of course, some brides choose to convert their wedding gowns. If you intend to convert your gown to an evening dress, let us know when you’re shopping. We can help you find the right style for this.
Whether you keep your dress for your own memories, or to pass on to future generations, the important thing is to keep your dress safe until you can take it to a professional.
To find out more about preservation, or to find the perfect dress for your Ontario wedding, get in touch with us today.
This is a week full of big fashion. While some of the world’s top designers show off their new looks at London Fashion Week, Hollywood’s top stars will be strutting their stuff on the red carpet of the Oscars. With so much great fashion, how can you make it part of your wedding day?
- Color trends are often set by the choice of Oscar gowns. If celebrities go bright and bold, or if they opt for pastel and pretty, you’ll be sure to see plenty of these hues popping up through the rest of the year.
- Style trends are hugely influenced by LFW and the Oscars. Shorter gowns at these big events will often mean more cocktail-length wedding dresses coming out.
- Accessories, hair, and make-up looks will also be on show. These offer great ideas for any bride. They can let you see what works, and what doesn’t.
Whatever the week’s big fashion events show, you’ll be able to find your perfect gown at our boutique. Stop by or give us a call to talk about how we can help with your wedding dress!
With some of the biggest fashion week’s upon us, we’ve been seeing a lot of one trend — illusion necklines. They’re a great trend that is showing up on catwalks for bridal and non-bridal collections, and they’re a great choice for many brides.
Illusion necklines are a combination of two styles — a strapless look and delicate lace features. The illusion of the illusion neckline is that you seem to be wearing something strapless while having the comfort and coverage of a higher neck and sleeves.
These styles are ideal for spring or autumn weddings, especially, when the weather is a bit more unpredictable. They can also be paired with a jacket for a bit of extra warmth.
Illusion necklines have been growing in popularity alongside the lace trend we’ve seen over the past two years, but designers are really getting creative with the style with great results.
If you want an illusion neckline wedding gown for your big day, get in touch with us today or come by our Ontario boutique!
You may have heard that the new Mrs. Hugh Hefner, Crystal Harris, is auctioning off her wedding dress. The auction, being held on Charitybuzz.com, includes her floor-length pale pink mermaid style gown and the matching shoes.
The money raised by Crystal’s Romona Kaveza gown and Aruna Seth shoes will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in the name of Mary O’Connor, Hugh’s long-time assistant who passed away in late January.
Of course, if you don’t win the auction, there are plenty of dresses that can get you the same look. Mermaid styles are always popular among brides for their classic formal look.
Here are just a few of the mermaid styles we have on offer:
For more styles, or to find out more about any of these looks, get in touch with us today!